Phil&Teds Poppy High Chair for a few reasons.
- It's minimal and lightweight! It literally took me less than 5 minutes to set it up. No bags of screws, bolts, or washers. It's easy to take apart and store away. It is very lightweight, so it can be toted around easily (there's a handle on the seat, too). We didn't want to clog up our home with baby furniture, so this was the best option for us. Plus, when we move again, this is one less giant item to lug. I also enjoy the tripod legs, which makes for a very stable base.
- It's adjustable. It has two height settings which I call "table height" and "dog height". I personally don't think a high chair needs more than a couple settings. The child has his own table (so the high chair doesn't need to be even to the table), and your arms adjust for height when you're feeding. The "dog height" setting is perfect for setting the baby beside you on the couch. I like putting some yogurt drops on the table, which Sweet P then doles out to the dogs. He thinks its hilarious, and it's distracting enough to give me time to do a few chores. Also, the table can be removed and the whole high chair can be turned into a toddler seat, or what Phil&Teds calls a "My Chair".
|High chair at "dog height"|
|High chair at "table height"|
- Easy to clean and comfortable. The chair itself is made of a hard plastic and has a squishy waterproof seat cover, which is all easy to clean. There are no cracks or crevices in the high chair so it doesn't hide dirt or grime. The table top pops right off and can be cleaned in the sink with a little warm water and soap. There is a foot rest that comes with the chair, however, I took it off since my boy's feet don't reach it yet.
- Priced well. This chair was $119.99. Which, if you look at the average price of high chairs, is a pretty good deal. Also, Phil&Teds has a reputation for making quality items, which also made this item feel like a steal.
- Cons. The only issue I had with the high chair was the 5-point harness. Before clipping Sweet P into the harness, I tried out the clips. They were much too difficult to clip on and off, so I removed them altogether. The passive harness around the waist does a good enough job of holding Sweet P in place. Other than that, I love this high chair, and I definitely recommend it.
Phil&Teds Poppy High Chair on Amazon is $119.99 and you have three color choices: Cranberry, Bubblegum, and Lime.